Monday, March 15, 2010

Art: Coheed "This Shattered Symphony Promo"


This is the latest album promo I did for Coheed and Cambria. With the new album coming out in April and the first shows of the new decade starting next week, excitement is stirring. Coheed and Cambria are a conceptual progressive rock band. (Anyone reading this probably knows of them and my so-called "obsession" with the band) But I have to say, it's more than just music. It's a story. Me being a freak for science fiction and always wanting to create stories from music I hear, Coheed and Cambria fill both buckets with EVERY SINGLE SONG telling a piece of this epic saga surrounding two characters of the same name, their lives, the battle of the worlds around them, even taking an entire album (Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV) to explore the world of "The Writer" and creator of the world the music is about.

I just love that there's a story within a story within a story, as many songs not only relate to the story of Coheed and Cambria, but also to the life of "The Writer" AND the lives of the band members themselves. To learn the true heart behind these songs makes it that much easier to appreciate the music and what goes into making it.

Anyway, I just had to explain that. I'm not just a fan who collects posters and goes to shows and buys t-shirts. I'm truly appreciative of the art and music that comes from Claudio Sanchez, Travis Stever, Michael Todd, and Chris Pennie. Even former band member, Josh Eppard (weerd science), added something to the music that can't be touched. All talented men and all deserving of their success.

That being said, of course I am going to support them any way I can. Not just because I'm a fan, but because I respect and admire what they've done and what they will continue to do in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree and feel the same way, I truely appreciate the music, the concept, and the talent of the band besides the music sounding good, it's the heart that gets put into it :D

    Love your blog by the way, it's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete